El Sexto Will Resume His Hunger Strike Next Week If He Is Not Released
El Sexto Will Resume His Hunger Strike Next Week If He Is Not Released /
Posted on October 7, 2015
14ymedio, Havana, 7 October 2015 – The mother of Danilo Maldonado, El
Sexto, has talked by phone with the artist, who reaffirmed his decision
to resume his hunger strike if he is not released before 15 October.
Captive in Valle Grande prison, the graffiti artist says he is willing
to return to fasting, even in the midst of his recovery from 24 days
without food that ended earlier this month.
Maria Victoria Machado told 14ymedio that she was able to speak for
three minutes on Wednesday with graffiti artist and this he told her his
decision to stop eating again starting next Thursday if they do not
proceed with his release.
Maldonado also said he had been “well treated” by doctors in the prison
and that he was “much better.” His mother, meanwhile, told him that the
file of his case “is still with the prosecution,” without any new
response from the legal authorities.
Machado also said that on Tuesday night she received a call from Amnesty
International asking for authorization to demand the release of her son
at the United Nations. The human rights organization considers El Sexto
a “prisoner of conscience.”
Source: El Sexto Will Resume His Hunger Strike Next Week If He Is Not
Released / 14ymedio | Translating Cuba –